Ooh Lala. The hot spot for fashion tips, style and outfit inspiration Cudalie - Overnight detox oil | Ooh - Lala

Cudalie - Overnight detox oil

When it comes to skin care, I have been more and more trying natural ingredients based products and have found that they are very beneficial for my skin's smoothness and condition. This is how I got into facial oils and since then I have been trying different ones to see what works for my skin.



What prompted me to try this oil is a mention in one of Stephanie Nicole's reviews on YouTube, where she mentions that this is one of her favorite oils. I got curious and since I had seen it previously on Caudalie's website, and I know my lovely friend IsaKaa also uses it, I had to get a bottle.

The claims: ''Renew & protect overtired skin while you sleep. The Overnight Detox Oil favoured by celebrities & beauty addicts, ideal for skin exposed to stress, pollution, UV's & other free radical's.The complexion is smoother, recharged and fresh upon waking. 

Infused with anti-oxidant grape seed, regenerating rose hip, purifying neroli, soothing lavender and detoxifying carrot oils, this 100% plant-based formula promotes cellular renewal & toxin elimination.''



I was also impressed by the list of ingredients, so many good things packed in this product!

Ingredients: CAPRYL IC/CAPRIC TRIGLY CERIDE, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL*, ROSA CANINA FRUIT OIL*, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) LEAF/TWIG OIL*, DAUCUS CAROTA SATIVA (CARROT) SEED OIL, SANTALUM ALBUM (SANDALWOOD) OIL, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER OIL*, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL*, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, FARNESOL. (07-49-5) * Origine biologique - Organic origin.




My opinion:

First of all, I love the dark green bottle with a pipette that is so precise for picking up a good amount of product.
I have been using this mostly at night as a serum before my moisturizer or other facial oil. You can use it also as a single moisturizing step if your skin isn't too dry. This oil absorbs quickly and is not at all oily or greasy, which makes it a great product if you want to layer it with your night cream. I use the recommended 6-8 drops, depending on what I will put on my face afterwards.

The oil is light and does not clog the pores. I do not feel any extra miniaturization if i use it by itself and my skin does not feel particularly plump or soft in the morning after using it on its own.
However, I like it as a step in my routine and will repurchase because of the great ingredients that are in the oil.

For reference, I have a normal/combo skin and have previously dealt with cystic acne, so I am on the lookout for products that help with smoothness and moisture but do not break me out.






fashion bag